On The Hill: New Year’s calm before the storm at Breck (snow video)
January 2, 2017
VIDEO: What better way to spend New Year’s Day than cruising under blue skies at Breckenridge? Z Griff welcomes 2017 in style with nearly empty laps at his home mountain. Enjoy the sun while you can — the snow has already started falling around noon on Monday and is expected to continue through the week, with the best chances of powder predicted for Thursday or Friday. Maybe THAT is the best way to start the new year…
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 0″, 0″
Summit Daily field report: It is a calm morning before the storm.
Weather: High of 26 degrees F, low of 13 degrees F.
Lift lines: Are not too bad. There are surges, but overall they are not horrible.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The snow is on its way with precipitation expected starting as early as Wed night and expected to go through the weekend.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge, Keystone to open lifts for summer June 8; golf courses in May
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)
- The Denver Broncos all-time top 30 draft picks by advanced stats
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Lawrence G. Keane: Article wrongly blames ammo, hunters as eagles’ biggest threats
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system