On The Hill: New Year’s calm before the storm at Breck (snow video)
January 2, 2017
VIDEO: What better way to spend New Year’s Day than cruising under blue skies at Breckenridge? Z Griff welcomes 2017 in style with nearly empty laps at his home mountain. Enjoy the sun while you can — the snow has already started falling around noon on Monday and is expected to continue through the week, with the best chances of powder predicted for Thursday or Friday. Maybe THAT is the best way to start the new year…
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 0″, 0″
Summit Daily field report: It is a calm morning before the storm.
Weather: High of 26 degrees F, low of 13 degrees F.
Lift lines: Are not too bad. There are surges, but overall they are not horrible.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The snow is on its way with precipitation expected starting as early as Wed night and expected to go through the weekend.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- That winning feeling: Summit High football tops Woodland Park 38-30 for first win since last October
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-TenMile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect