One Good Weekend festival brings biking, chili to Crested Butte Sept. 9-11
September 3, 2016
Breck isn't the only hub for High Country biking. From Sept. 9 to 11, Crested Butte pays homage to its mountain biking heritage with One Good Weekend, a celebration of craft beer, chili, bikes and music. It's the most fun you'll have this fall, according to the press release, which also comes with a pretty good top-10 list of reasons why that's true.
Here's a quick look at all the Butte has to offer on One Good Weekend:
No. 1 Craft beer — Folks like Oskar Blues, Odell Brewing, Revolution Brewery and 21 others are invited. Festivalgoers get free beer throughout the festival.
No. 2 Chili — There's no better pairing for beer of any style. Local cooks battle it out to see whose recipe reigns supreme.
No. 3 Bikes — The Gunnison Valley has 750-plus miles of singletrack (more than anywhere in the world) and organizers are guessing you haven't experienced them all. Festival passes include two days of lift-served XC and downhill riding at the mountain.
No. 7 Live music — There's music all weekend. Colorado headliners Rapidgrass Quintet and The Reminders play high-energy bluegrass and hip-hop laced with electronica. The stage is surrounded by panoramic views of the impressive West Elk Mountains.
Recommended Stories For You
No. 10 Fun — Crested Butte is a laid-back community that's always eager to welcome visitors and party. Expect positive vibes, sick riding, pint sipping, chili eating, goofy dancing and more.
Sound like your kind of party? Find out more at http://www.mtbhome.com/one-good-weekend for all of the details on the event. Tickets are available online or by calling (877) 213-5357. Register early to reserve your spot in a guided legends ride.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- That winning feeling: Summit High football tops Woodland Park 38-30 for first win since last October
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs