Powder, TRANSWORLD SNOWBOARDING award shows return to Riverwalk Center Dec. 13, 14
November 13, 2018
Once again next month, two of the world's premier ski and snowboard award shows will take place on consecutive nights at the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge during the same week as Dew Tour at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
On Dec. 13 at 8 p.m., Powder Magazine will host the 19th Annual Powder Awards, which celebrate the best in skiing cinematography, photography and athletic achievement. One of the biggest events annually on the international skiing calendar, the Powder Awards attract a who's who of the industry, including professional skiers, ski legends, ski film production crews, industry brands, media and celebrities.
The awards this year will honor undertakings across a dozen categories: Movie of the Year, Best Documentary, Best Short (films 20 minutes or fewer), Best Cinematography, Best Post-Production, Best Female Performance, Best Male Performance, Breakthrough Performer, Best Line, Best Air, Best Powder and Best Jib.
The event will also showcase readers' three favorite male and female skiers with the magazine's annual powder poll. Voting for the powder poll, which opened Oct. 29, runs through next Thursday, Nov. 23, and can be accessed at Powder.com/powder-awards/vote.
General admission tickets can now be purchased online for $12 at BreckCreate.org/event/19th-annual-powder-awards. A portion of all ticket sales will be donated to the High Fives Foundation, which supports action-sports athletes that have suffered a life-altering injury. Doors open at 7:15 p.m. For more information, go to PowderAwards.com
Recommended Stories For You
The following night, on Dec. 14, "the biggest night in snowboarding," will return to the Riverwalk Center with the 20th annual TransWorld SNOWboarding Riders' Poll Awards.
The event honors the best riders, video parts and performances of the year, selected by the more than 100 pro snowboarders who take the poll. It's the largest snowboarding survey of pro rider opinions.
Doors for the free event will open the evening of Dec. 14 at 7 p.m., while the award show itself will begin at 8 p.m. For more information and to reserve a ticket, visit BreckCreate.org/event/transworld-snowboarding-riders-poll-awards.
Trending In: Sports
- Red’s road: Silverthorne Olympic gold medalist Red Gerard ponders where his career goes from here
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to host unprecedented ski mountaineering event
- Reimagined superpipe highlights this weekend’s post-Olympic Dew Tour
- At Dew Tour’s first day, Sildaru slays slopestyle, Silverthorne’s Amy Purdy takes second in adaptive
- Watch live: Dew Tour Day 2 — women’s ski superpipe & snowboard slopestyle, team snowboard
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Denver loses U.S. bid for 2030 Olympics to Salt Lake City
- Two arrested for participation in poaching operation
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you