Practice yoga, save the world for free at Meta Yoga in Breck on June 14
June 13, 2017
Yoga might be a personal practice, but today is your chance to help yoga impact the world, one free (or mostly free) session at a time.
Today (June 14) from 7-8:30 p.m., local instructor Jenni Frank hosts a donation-based class to benefit two local yogis fighting for global water justice. The class is hosted at Meta Yoga Studio (118 S. Ridge Street in Breckenridge). All proceeds are donated to Amber Cook and Diana Oppenheim, a pair of friends who will bike over 900 miles along the West Coast in one month this summer to raise $10,000 for Blue Planet Project, a global nonprofit dedicated to bringing clean water to anyone and everyone who needs it. Bring your mat, a donation and willingness to support a cause bigger than your local studio. The class is also a great chance to create awareness and spark a mini revolution in the name of water justice. To find out more or donate if you can't make the class, see Cook and Oppenheim's site at BikeYogaWater.wixsite.com/Bike.
Trending In: Sports
- Breck 100 competitors race over the Continental Divide
- Competing in his first Breckenridge 100, Breck pro cyclist Taylor Shelden eyes overall victory
- Ready for her 30th consecutive Triple Bypass, Susan Meinerz reflects on event’s grassroots
- Hometown rider Taylor Shelden wins Breckenridge 100 mountain bike race
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts