Results from the Bolle Age Class Open giant slalom in Breck Jan. 9-10
January 18, 2016
BOLLE AGE CLASS OPEN — BRECKENRIDGE, JAN. 9-10
Team Summit Colorado and Team Breckenridge Sports Club took their age class squads to Peak 10 at Breckenidge for the Bolle Age Class Open from Jan. 9-10. Nearly 85 skiers from the two local clubs converged on Cimarron, one of the most challenging runs on Peak 10, for two days of giant slalom racing.
Team Breck brought 21 boys and girls to the contest. Team Summit had 63 entered in the field. Hosted by Team Summit, the GS races drew more than 150 skiers from five different clubs, all between ages 8 and 13 years old.
The Open was organized a bit different than traditional races. Each racer took two runs (a.m. and a.m.) on both days, Saturday and Sunday. Each run counted as a separate race for a total of four results for each competitor.
The results for Saturday's contest were based on age group. For Sunday's contest, the competitors were split into three ability groups: A, B, and C. The Sunday groups were based on Saturday's results. Podiums for Sunday's races were based on results from these ability groups.
"Team Summit Colorado had an excellent weekend," said Greg Needell, alpine director for host Team Summit. "We had winners, medalists and personal bests throughout the weekend, throughout the field. More than anything we saw great improvement from run one to run four."
Recommended Stories For You
Age classes are as follows: U-10 are 9 years old and under, U-12 are 10 and 11 years old, U-14 are 12 and 13 years old. The following are selected results with first-place finishers from Team Breck and Team Summit.
U-10 girls, Saturday a.m.
1. Keira Horvath, Team Breck — 50.99
2. Addison Dulaney, Team Summit — 51.96
3. Karlie Cooledge, Summit — 52.17
U-10 boys, Saturday a.m.
1. Andrew Gunther, Summit — 51.00
2. Eli Cohen, Aspen Valley Ski Club — 51.82
3. Parker Kendrick, Aspen Valley — 55.15
U-14 boys, Saturday a.m.
1. Jack Reich, Summit — 42.17
2. Topher Davenport, Aspen Valley — 44.47
3. Trent Pennington, Summit — 44.64
U-14 boys, Saturday p.m.
1. Jack Reich, Summit — 38.23
2. Trent Pennington, Summit — 39.21
3. Topher Davenport, Aspen Valley — 39.88
Girls, Sunday a.m. (C group)
1. Emily Emanuel, Team Breck — 54.22
2. Katherine Strickland, Sunlight Winter Sports Club — 54.40
3. Sophia Henry, Summit — 55.10
Boys, Sunday a.m. (A group)
1. Jack Reich, Summit — 40.87
2. Tucker Sheldrake, Sunlight— 41.76
3. Garrett Dollahan, Aspen Valley — 42.67
Girls, Sunday p.m. (C group)
1. Emily Emanuel, Team Breck — 49.15
2. Ella Snyder, Summit — 49.47
3. Katherine Strickland, Sunlight — 50.83
Boys, Sunday p.m. (A group)
1. Jack Reich, Summit — 38.49
2. Topher Davenport, Aspen Valley — 39.75
3. Trent Pennington, Summit — 39.84
Boys, Sunday p.m. (B group)
1. Jake Pau, Team Breck — 45.23
2. Kelly Christian, Aspen Valley — 46.36
3. Logan Olson, Summit — 46.61
Trending In: Sports
- Six years after graduation, Summit High alum Rob Courtney back as school’s athletic trainer
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Summit High freshman girls MTB trio parlays summer success into fruitful fall
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films