Retrofitted: Onesies, monoskis and Asian Persuasion on Gaper Day at Arapahoe Basin
April 18, 2016
On April Fools' Day, more than 2,000 skiers and snowboarders dressed in their best retro gear for Gaper Day, Colorado's annual ode to old-school onesies, monoskis, Canadian tuxedoes and cowboy hats. The gear came from thrift stores, dusty wardrobes and everywhere in between, but on Gaper Day, it was all part of the dress code for a snow party at Arapahoe Basin. Enjoy.
Trending In: Sports
- For $20 less, Copper Mountain launches REI ‘Four Pack’ ski option
- Three Summit County Nordic skiers clinch season titles
- Silverthorne snowboarder wins FIS slopestyle season title with victory in Italy, Gerard takes second
- Colorado startup launches product to facilitate ski-to-ski binding switches with bare hands
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Frisco residents resist ballot measure that would authorize workforce housing on “pocket park”
- In Summit County, vacation rentals often, but not always, more profitable than long-term leasing
- Crepes a la Cart’s second location eases pressure on one of Breckenridge’s longest, most prohibitive lines
- Steamboat woman turns over custody of embattled husky Sitka
- The new normal: Changes to blood pressure guidelines you should know