Return of Forsberg, Foote boost Avs ticket sales
February 28, 2008
DENVER – The Colorado Avalanche may be hovering around the middle of their division in the standings but that isn’t stopping fans from snapping up tickets.Ticket sales have soared for the remaining 10 home games thanks to this week’s return of standouts Peter Forsberg and Adam Foote.Team officials sold 5,000 tickets in the past couple of days, including 225 packages featuring the “stretch run” games.Paul Andrews of Kroenke Sports, which owns the Avalanche, says he’s never seen that many packages sold overnight.Forsberg and Foote were key players in the Avalanche’s Stanley Cup championship games, but left after the National Hockey League established a salary cap.
Trending In: Sports
- Six years after graduation, Summit High alum Rob Courtney back as school’s athletic trainer
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- A nationally known champion of Native American art, Nancy Blomberg loved Breckenridge’s landscape
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence