Rugby JV team grounds Glendale
September 17, 2010
The Summit “white team” moved into first place in the second division for Colorado Rugby with a 46-7 win over Glendale at Infinity Park on Monday night. The young Tigers blew open a 19-7 game in the second half, using speed, fitness and some slick ball handling to wear down the much bigger Junior Raptor side.
Paced by freshman speedster Maddie Hunt-Snyder’s hat trick, the Tigers (2-0) spread the ball and the scoring around, as seven different players scored tries. Robyn Kresge added three conversions for the visitors.
Sophomore captain Kellie Cochran was very pleased with her teammates’ play and singled out freshman hooker Anne Parker, lock Dani Langevin and halfback Kristin Erickson for great efforts from beginning to end.
The team hosts Regis Jesuit on Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Six years after graduation, Summit High alum Rob Courtney back as school’s athletic trainer
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Summit High freshman girls MTB trio parlays summer success into fruitful fall
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- A nationally known champion of Native American art, Nancy Blomberg loved Breckenridge’s landscape
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Jury finds Kenneth Casey guilty in Frisco child pornography trial