SHS rugby shuts down Chaparral, 85-0
September 11, 2012
Summit High’s rugby team traveled to Chaparral High School on the Front Range to shut it down in an 85-0 victory.
“It was a good game and we worked on the things we wanted to work on,” senior team captain Katy Peoples said. “It’s always a challenge to adapt to a new team because every team plays differently. We challenge ourselves to play at a high level. It’s also a challenge to play good rugby and maintain good sportsmanship.”
Peoples said many of the younger players like Becca Rosco were able to get out on the field during the varsity game.
Scoring tries for the Tigers were Rosco and Peoples, sophomores Morgan Courtney, Kalee Hollingsworth and Angie Ramos; juniors Maddie Hunt-Snyder and Lily Weldon; and seniors Chelsea Christianson, Vollya Sergeeva, Kellie Cochran and Hailey Wyatt. Courtney and Nicole Chandler also made a few conversions each.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- That winning feeling: Summit High football tops Woodland Park 38-30 for first win since last October
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs