Spilborghs, Barmes homer, Rockies top Dodgers 10-4
April 26, 2009
DENVER ” Ryan Spilborghs homered and drove in three runs and Clint Barmes added a two-run shot as the Colorado Rockies avoided being swept with a 10-4 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday.
Jeff Baker had a bases-loaded triple for the Rockies, who dropped the first five meetings between the two teams this year.
Jason Marquis (3-1) worked 7 1-3 innings and gave up three runs and six hits.
Clayton Kershaw (0-2) lasted only 4 2-3 innings, allowing nine runs on eight hits. In his last start, he gave up six runs and eight hits to Houston in 4 1-3 innings.
Orlando Hudson had his 11-game hitting streak snapped, going 0-for-4 with a walk. James Loney was 3-for-5 with two doubles and three RBIs.
The Dodgers had won three straight and 11 of 13.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- Breckenridge’s Bonenberger, Frisco’s Gionfriddo excel at 2018 USASA nationals at Copper Mountain
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017