Spilborghs, Barmes homer, Rockies top Dodgers 10-4
April 26, 2009
DENVER ” Ryan Spilborghs homered and drove in three runs and Clint Barmes added a two-run shot as the Colorado Rockies avoided being swept with a 10-4 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday.
Jeff Baker had a bases-loaded triple for the Rockies, who dropped the first five meetings between the two teams this year.
Jason Marquis (3-1) worked 7 1-3 innings and gave up three runs and six hits.
Clayton Kershaw (0-2) lasted only 4 2-3 innings, allowing nine runs on eight hits. In his last start, he gave up six runs and eight hits to Houston in 4 1-3 innings.
Orlando Hudson had his 11-game hitting streak snapped, going 0-for-4 with a walk. James Loney was 3-for-5 with two doubles and three RBIs.
The Dodgers had won three straight and 11 of 13.
Trending In: Sports
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Six years after graduation, Summit High alum Rob Courtney back as school’s athletic trainer
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Summit High freshman girls MTB trio parlays summer success into fruitful fall
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?