Spots still open for Run the Rockies Trail Marathon, 10K this weekend
August 11, 2016
Running and the Rocky Mountains go together like ice cream and cake. What's better than running on great outdoor courses with stunning views to keep you motivated?
Frisco's Run the Rockies series on Aug. 13 features breathtaking trail running along the Frisco Peninsula trail system. Start and finish for this event takes place at the Frisco Day Lodge. The half marathon begins at 8 a.m., followed by the trail 10K at 8:30 a.m.
Included in the registration fee is a piece of commemorative race gear and a post-race meal. There are aid stations along the way to refuel and rest, and awards are given to the top finishers in each of the seven age categories. The Frisco Nordic Center lodge hosts an after-party, where each participant gets a free beer with the included meal.
Registration is still open: $60 late registration for half marathon and $40 for 10K; $65 for half marathon same-day registration and $45 for 10K. Sign up at http://www.runtherockies.com or call (970) 668-9133.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall