Stryder bike series comes to Keystone Resort
June 13, 2015
The hottest kids bike race around is making a triumphant return to Keystone Resort this summer. On Sunday the Strider Balance Bike Series will kick off, sending tykes whizzing through Keystone Village for the title of fastest Strider rider around.
Strider bikes do not have pedals and are propelled by a user's feet. They are designed to help a child develop balance before transitioning to a pedal bike. Don't own a Strider? Not a problem, as nearby Keystone Sports will have a limited amount to rent.
"The Strider series is the perfect way for our littlest guests to get in on the biking fun found across the resort. From one of the most progressive lift-serviced downhill parks to fantastic cross-country trails and miles of rec paths for great cruiser and road riding, the Strider series is another level of two-wheeled fun offered at Keystone, which allows the whole family to get involved," said Laura Parquette of Vail Resorts.
The series will run on eight separate Sundays throughout the summer from today until the series finale on Sept. 6. All participants will get a prize pack and race winners will get an additional award. Children ages 2 to 5 are allowed to compete, and different races will occur for ages 2 to 3 and 4 to 5.
"Watching the event might be as fun as participating, and we see guests of all ages come together to cheer on these little guys and gals. It's absolutely a community event — for locals and destination guests alike, with an incredible environment for the kids to participate in," said Parquette.
"The Strider race is honestly one of my favorite events … the kids are just so into it and have a blast," she said.
Recommended Stories For You
Registration for the Strider event will start at 9 a.m. and the race itself will begin at 10 a.m. Helmets are required for all participants. Weather on Sunday is forecast to be rainy, so bring a jacket if you plan on attending. A variety of other activities that the whole family can enjoy are also happening at Keystone this weekend. Downhill biking and summer snow tubing are starting up, and Keystone Ranch Golf Course is hosting an open public tournament. For more information and a video of the Strider event check out http://www.keystoneresort.com
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge, Keystone to open lifts for summer June 8; golf courses in May
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)
- The Denver Broncos all-time top 30 draft picks by advanced stats
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Lawrence G. Keane: Article wrongly blames ammo, hunters as eagles’ biggest threats
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver