Stryder bike series comes to Keystone Resort
June 13, 2015
The hottest kids bike race around is making a triumphant return to Keystone Resort this summer. On Sunday the Strider Balance Bike Series will kick off, sending tykes whizzing through Keystone Village for the title of fastest Strider rider around.
Strider bikes do not have pedals and are propelled by a user's feet. They are designed to help a child develop balance before transitioning to a pedal bike. Don't own a Strider? Not a problem, as nearby Keystone Sports will have a limited amount to rent.
"The Strider series is the perfect way for our littlest guests to get in on the biking fun found across the resort. From one of the most progressive lift-serviced downhill parks to fantastic cross-country trails and miles of rec paths for great cruiser and road riding, the Strider series is another level of two-wheeled fun offered at Keystone, which allows the whole family to get involved," said Laura Parquette of Vail Resorts.
The series will run on eight separate Sundays throughout the summer from today until the series finale on Sept. 6. All participants will get a prize pack and race winners will get an additional award. Children ages 2 to 5 are allowed to compete, and different races will occur for ages 2 to 3 and 4 to 5.
"Watching the event might be as fun as participating, and we see guests of all ages come together to cheer on these little guys and gals. It's absolutely a community event — for locals and destination guests alike, with an incredible environment for the kids to participate in," said Parquette.
"The Strider race is honestly one of my favorite events … the kids are just so into it and have a blast," she said.
Recommended Stories For You
Registration for the Strider event will start at 9 a.m. and the race itself will begin at 10 a.m. Helmets are required for all participants. Weather on Sunday is forecast to be rainy, so bring a jacket if you plan on attending. A variety of other activities that the whole family can enjoy are also happening at Keystone this weekend. Downhill biking and summer snow tubing are starting up, and Keystone Ranch Golf Course is hosting an open public tournament. For more information and a video of the Strider event check out http://www.keystoneresort.com
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs