Summit girls soccer wins final game, plus 4A league track and field results
May 10, 2017
Summit baseball closes regular season 3-0 at home for school-best 15-4 overall record
It's hard to believe the Summit High varsity baseball team hasn't played at home all season — or in five seasons for that matter.
In the past week, the Tigers played three games at the Frisco Peninsula ball field and went undefeated: 12-0 and 15-2 against Steamboat Springs on May 5, and 12-1 over Battle Mountain on May 8.
The wins give Summit a 15-4 overall record and 10-2 record in the 4A Western Slope to end the season. Both are the best in Summit's 4A baseball history, according to head coach Tom Looby, and his boys now have the chance to keep this history-making train chugging. CHSAA releases the 4A postseason brackets today in time for the first round of games on May 13. Check back with the Summit Daily for more info on the first round. Unfortunately, chances are slim that any of the games will be played in Summit County.
Looby has a recap from the third win of the weekend against Battle Mountain:
Senior pitcher Andrew Shaw won his eighth game of the season, a new Summit High record. He pitched a complete game, allowing just four hits and one run while striking out seven and walking none. He leads the league in strikeouts (110), no hitters (2) and ERA (0.82).
Recommended Stories For You
At the plate the Tigers banged out 14 hits, including five doubles. Ethan Drewes and Max Hess had three hits apiece, while Turner McDonald and Will Drewes had two hits each. Will Drewes knocked in three runs, while Koa Rashidi and Andrew Reynolds had two RBIs apiece.
Summit vs. Battle Mountain — May 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Runs H E
Summit 1 1 5 0 0 5 0 12 15 0
BMHS 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 1
Summit boys lacrosse lose in 1st round of 4A state playoffs, 2-21 to Dawson School
It's been a long, hard-fought season for the Summit High boys lacrosse team, and luckily it came with a bonus game. Too bad there was only one.
The Tigers lost in the first round of the 4A state post-season on Tuesday, 2-21 to the Dawson School of Lafayette on the Front Range. Summit entered the game ranked No. 16 in the CHSAA rating-percentage index and Dawson School entered at No. 1. The top-16 4A teams from across the state made the post-season.
Dawson School, which entered the post-season as favorites to win the 4A title, faces Air Academy in the second round on May 12.
4A Western Slope Leagues Meet | Tigers track and field
The league championships for 2A, 3A and 4A teams in the Western Slope leagues. The event drew five 4A teams from across the league, including Summit rivals Glenwood Springs, Battle Mountain, Eagle Valley and Palisade. The top-five athletes placed in individual events and the top-four teams placed in relays. Summit finished the day with six individual podiums and four relay podiums.
For complete results, see the "results" tab at co.milesplit.com.
Summit top performances, girls
1. 800m medley (Meghan Sockett, Cashema Hemans, Hunter Stimson, Kate Wasson) — 2:01.53
2. 3200m relay (Morrison Donovan, Kate Wasson, Courtney Brown, Noelle Resignolo) — 10:38.17
2. Emma Howard, High Jump — 4'9"
3. Hunter Stimson, 300m hurdles — 48.89
3. 400m relay (Cashema Hemans, Hannah Drabik, Anna Confer, Meghan Sockett) — 54.25
3. 1600m relay (Noelle Resignolo, Hunter Stimson, Hannah Drabik, Kate Wasson) — 4:35
4. Hunter Stimson, 100m hurdles — 17.51
4. Cashema Hemans, 100m dash — 13.57
Summit top performances, boys
4. Daniel Keller, 110m hurdles — 16.90
4. Daniel Keller, 300m hurdles — 44.42
Summit vs. Vail Mountain School | Lady Tigers soccer, May 5
The final game of the 2017 girls soccer regular season, an away non-conference match against Vail Mountain School in Vail on May 5. Summit won, 3-1, to finish the season at 4-11 overall and 3-9 in the 4A Western Slope.
1st 2nd Final
Summit 1 2 3
VMS 1 0 1
Summit vs. Eagle Valley | Lady Tigers soccer, May 4
The penultimate game of the girls soccer regular season and final league match of the spring, hosted by Eagle Valley in Gypsum. Summit lost, 0-1, allowing the winning goal in the second half.
1st 2nd Final
Summit 0 0 0
EV 0 1 1
Summit vs. Evergreen | Lady Tigers lacrosse, May 2
The final game of the 2017 girls lacrosse regular season, an away non-conference match against Evergreen in Evergreen. The Lady Tigers lost, 4-16, to end the season at 6-7 overall and 2-5 in the Western league.
1st 2nd Final
Summit 2 2 4
Evergreen 8 8 16
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado hiking trails with waterfalls: South Willow Falls
- After 2017 cancellation, more than 4,000 come out for Triple Bypass 30th anniversary
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- Breckenridge theater director quits after board apologizes for Trump sketch at fundraiser
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders