Summit Hockey Classic kicks off
April 1, 2009
Summit Hockey will present the second annual Summit Hockey Classic today and Friday at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena in Breckenridge.
Four teams representing Beaver Run Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, PeakOne Surgery Center and Vail Summit Orthopaedics will compete.
Today, Beaver Run and Copper Mountain will face off at 5 p.m., while Vail Summit Othropaedics and PeakOne Surgery Center will play at 7 p.m.
Each team consists of local hockey talent and two celebrity players.
This year the celebrities will include: Greg Adams (NHL ” New Jersey, Vancouver, Dallas and Phoenix), Rick Boh (Colorado College and Minnesota North Stars), Peter Geronazzo
(Colorado College, IHL and ECHL), Nick Larson (University of Denver, NCAA Champion), Don Mercier (DU and Calgary Flames), Trevor Pochipinski (Colorado College and L.A. Kings), Doug Smail (Winnipeg, Minnesota, Ottawa and Quebec) and Marty Wakelyn (Colorado College and N.Y. Islanders).
Recommended Stories For You
On Friday, the consolation game will be played at 5 p.m. Immediately following this game there will be a celebrity shoot out with the championship game being played at 7 p.m..
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door. All proceeds from the Summit Hockey Classic benefit Summit Youth Hockey, a nonprofit organization offering the opportunity for boys and girls to participate in both recreational and competitive hockey programs.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Breckenridge’s Bonenberger, Frisco’s Gionfriddo excel at 2018 USASA nationals at Copper Mountain
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- King of the hill retires after 45 years with Aspen Skiing Co.
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne