Summit senior Sam Buer commits to McPherson College volleyball
February 15, 2017
Sam Buer is playing ball in Kansas next fall.
In early February, the senior starter for Summit High School volleyball signed with small McPherson College of McPherson, Kansas, for the upcoming collegiate season. She'll play for the McPherson Bulldogs in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference, one of 21 conferences in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics system (separate from the NCAA).
In her senior season, Buer was a consistent scoring threat for the Tigers (10-14 overall, 5-7 in the 4A Western Slope) and known for big, powerful hits from the center. Even when her kills sailed over the backline, opposing teams and coaches tried their best — and often failed — to contain her attack. She played in 56 sets and recorded 162 kills, second only to sophomore AnnaMarie Dodson (214 kills), and ended the season with an above-average hitting percentage of .128. She also recorded 12 solo blocks, 26 team person blocks and 13 assists.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- Breckenridge’s Bonenberger, Frisco’s Gionfriddo excel at 2018 USASA nationals at Copper Mountain
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017