Team Breck hosts annual U14 Bolle Super G
January 27, 2015
While the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships at Beaver Creek might still be a few weeks away, some future Alpine ski racers took to the slopes at Breckenridge Ski Resort over the weekend to compete in Team Breckenridge's annual U14 Bolle Super G Race.
Over 180 kids from Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona participated in the two days of racing, which took place on Breck's Cimarron run off of Peak 10. The full-length super G course is a former World Cup venue, and the competition was a USSA-sanctioned junior event.
"It's a challenging course," Team Breck Alpine program director Chelsea Lynch said. "There's no two turns that are the same."
New this year, the race was also a qualifier for the U14 regional junior championships which will take place in Winter Park, March 10-14.
“It’s a challenging course. There’s no two turns that are the same.”
Team Breck Alpine program director
Recommended Stories For You
"It says a lot for the hill," Lynch said. "It means a lot to us."
With a large representation of athletes, Ski and Snowboard Club Vail took many of the top spots in both races. Team Breck and Team Summit each had skiers who finished in the top 30.
Trending In: Sports
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area plans via ferrata climbing zones, 10 miles of new hiking, biking trails
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- All-state strides: Summit runners Vaille, Bonenberger qualify for state
- 3 Team Summit skiers named to U.S. Ski’s Rocky Mountain All-Star team