Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
October 16, 2017
Freestyle skier Tori Ware of Team Summit is among 50 young alpine and freestyle athletes from across Colorado recognized on Sunday as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Stars.
The young athletes compete on the local, national and international levels in pursuit of earning a place on the U.S. Ski Team and at the Olympics. The All-star team includes 30 alpine skiers and 20 freestyle skiers, including Ware, the only athlete from Team Summit to make the list.
"Congratulations to the new members of the All-Star team," Colorado Ski Country USA president and CEO Melanie Mills said in a prepared statement. "We're thrilled to support the next generation of alpine and freestyle skiers as they train and compete across Colorado during this Olympic year."
Other athletes came from Ski and Snowboard Club Vail, Aspen Valley Ski Club, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, University of Denver, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, Winter Park Competition Center and Telluride Ski and Snowboard Club.
Trending In: Sports
- Free ski clinics to kick off next month’s Summit County 50+ Winter Games
- Breckenridge cyclist Taylor Shelden wins Ullr fat bike race
- Frisco invites Summit County community to celebrate ‘Team Frisco’
- Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning podiums at Austria World Cup slopestyle
- Summit Cove’s Vailles turn son’s snowshoe world championship win into experience for everyone
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case