Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
October 16, 2017
Freestyle skier Tori Ware of Team Summit is among 50 young alpine and freestyle athletes from across Colorado recognized on Sunday as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Stars.
The young athletes compete on the local, national and international levels in pursuit of earning a place on the U.S. Ski Team and at the Olympics. The All-star team includes 30 alpine skiers and 20 freestyle skiers, including Ware, the only athlete from Team Summit to make the list.
"Congratulations to the new members of the All-Star team," Colorado Ski Country USA president and CEO Melanie Mills said in a prepared statement. "We're thrilled to support the next generation of alpine and freestyle skiers as they train and compete across Colorado during this Olympic year."
Other athletes came from Ski and Snowboard Club Vail, Aspen Valley Ski Club, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, University of Denver, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, Winter Park Competition Center and Telluride Ski and Snowboard Club.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs