Team Summit’s Perry gets big win
February 25, 2008
DULUTH, Minn. ” Team Summit mogul skier Bruce Perry Jr. won the Central Division Mogul Championships last weekend at Spirit Mt. Ski area in Duluth, Minn.
There were competitors from five different states and two countries battling out on the icy mogul course in sub-zero temperatures.
Perry Jr. won the event with a score of 22.90, ahead of silver medalist Dillon Montenarh (22.6). Minnesota’s Rob Staudemeyer took the Bronze Medal with a score of 20.93.
Perry Jr. also took second in the halfpipe and third in Slopestyle.
The Summit Lightning hockey team brought home the second-place trophy from last weekend’s Arvada Winter Fest Tournament.
Summit defeated Pueblo, Arapahoe and Lakewood (and lost to Front Range) on its way to the finals.
Recommended Stories For You
The team fell behind 3-0 early to Dallas in the finals, but then took advantage of a power play in the second period with Brock Stashick, assisted by Peter Grotemeyer, putting Summit on the scoreboard. Grotemeyer and Stashick both scored in the third period, but the Dallas team pulled ahead for a 6-3 win and the championship. The PeeWee A’s will head to league playoffs March 8 in Greeley.
BRECKENRIDGE – The annual Gold Run Swift Skedaddle Snowshoe Adventure will take place Saturday at the Gold Run Nordic Center in Breckenridge. Registration will begin at 8:30 am, with the event starting at 10 a.m..
The Skedaddle will feature a competitive 10K course and a fun 4K run/ walk course suited for all ages and abilities of snowshoers. The 10K is one of several Colorado sanctioned events, and is a qualifying race for the U.S. Snowshoe Association (USSSA) National Championships. In order to qualify for the National Championships, competitors must be members of the USSSA (prior to competing).
Membership forms and more information are available at http://www.snowshoeracing.com.
The Cost to enter is $24 pre-registered and $29 on race day. Juniors (17 and under) will be charged $10 ahead of time and $15 on race day. Entry fee includes a T-shirt, goody bag, post-race food and giveaways. Also, the top overall male, female and masters in the 10K will receive cash. Age group winners will take home other prizes.
Snowshoes will be available to demo on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more info, or to register call (970) 547-7889 or log on to http://www.townofbreckenridge.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge, Keystone to open lifts for summer June 8; golf courses in May
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- The Denver Broncos all-time top 30 draft picks by advanced stats
- Lawrence G. Keane: Article wrongly blames ammo, hunters as eagles’ biggest threats
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system