The Second Annual Injury Prevention Symposium will take place in Vail from May 3-5
April 17, 2018
Vail hosts Second Annual Injury Prevention Symposium from May 3-5
The Steadman Philippon Research Institute and the United States Olympic Committee will hold the second annual Injury Prevention Symposium from May 3-5 at the Four Seasons Resort in Vail. The symposium convenes to bring researchers, physical therapists and physicians together to advance injury prevention practices and techniques.
In addition to representatives from the USOC, The Steadman Clinic and the research institute, the lineup of speakers includes Dr. Carolyn Emery from the Cumming School of Medicine at the University of Calgary, Dr. Timothy Hewett from the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Jeff Kutcher from the Sports Neurology Clinic and Dr. Travis Maak from the University of Utah and head team physician for the NBA's Utah Jazz.
Julia Mancuso, the most decorated Olympic female American alpine skier, will deliver keynote remarks at the symposium dinner on May 4. Mancuso won four Olympic medals, including gold in the giant slalom at the 2006 Turin Winter Games.
"Partnering with the Steadman Philippon Research Institute for this event brings the importance of injury prevention to the forefront of sports medicine," said Dr. Bill Moreau, vice president of the United States Olympic Committee's sports medicine division, in a press release. "The discussion among medical professionals and scientists presenting at this symposium could lead to important advancements in the prevention of injuries for anyone hoping to remain active through their lifetime."
The target audience for the symposium is physicians and other health care providers engaged in the care of patients with sports-related injuries. Continuing medical education credits are available.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information and to register for the symposium, contact Katrin Laird Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynda Sampson at email@example.com, or visit the event's website at SPRIVail.org/events/injury-prevention-symposium.
—Summit Daily staff
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge cyclist Taylor Shelden wins Ullr fat bike race
- Free ski clinics to kick off next month’s Summit County 50+ Winter Games
- Frisco invites Summit County community to celebrate ‘Team Frisco’
- Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning podiums at Austria World Cup slopestyle
- Colorado Mountain College Leadville to host Colorado Cup races Jan. 26
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak