U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing hosts legend Joe Humphreys in Breck Aug. 20
August 19, 2016
On Aug. 20, in cooperation with Tim West at Breckenridge Outfitters, the U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team will host a meet and greet with 87-year-old angler Joe Humphreys, a legend in the sport. The meet and greet runs from 7-8 p.m. at Breckenridge Outfitters at 101 Main Street in Breckenridge.
In addition, current team members and coaches, as well as USYFFT directors, will be present to answer questions regarding the nonprofit. There are 15 members of the current team, seven of whom are on the "travel team" and compete internationally every year. In early August, the travel team competed in the 15th annual FIPS Mouche World Champion in Spain, bringing home the silver medal. Young Jack Arnot of Eagle is a member of the travel team and will be in attendance.
Both events are held in conjunction with the USYFFT's local clinics from Aug. 19-21. The clinic is closed for registration.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge, Keystone to open lifts for summer June 8; golf courses in May
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- The Denver Broncos all-time top 30 draft picks by advanced stats
- Lawrence G. Keane: Article wrongly blames ammo, hunters as eagles’ biggest threats
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system