University of Denver rugby to host middle school clinic Saturday in Summit
September 6, 2018
Saturday will be a big day for girls rugby here in Summit County with the Summit Tigers high school program's annual 7's tournament, which attracts some of the best other competition from within and outside of the state.
And this year, there will be something additional for young middle-school aged ruggers as well.
Throughout the 1-7 p.m. tournament on Saturday at Summit High School, there will be a free rugby skills clinic on campus for middle schoolers. It'll be led by Denver University women's rugby assistant coach Emma Spaulding. A group of Denver University rugby players are also scheduled to be on hand to help run the event.
The state's governing body for the sport, Colorado Rugby, will also be in attendance at the clinic to share information about other upcoming opportunities for middle school ruggers who are interested in learning more about playing the sport.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge cyclist Taylor Shelden wins Ullr fat bike race
- Free ski clinics to kick off next month’s Summit County 50+ Winter Games
- Frisco invites Summit County community to celebrate ‘Team Frisco’
- Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning podiums at Austria World Cup slopestyle
- Summit Cove’s Vailles turn son’s snowshoe world championship win into experience for everyone
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case