Vawter-Beaird improves to 6-1 with two more wins
December 9, 2005
JEFFERSON – Senior 125-pounder Andrew Vawter-Beaird continues to prove he’s every bit capable of improving on last year’s state-tournament showing.The tightly wound ball of muscle easily won both his matches in a double dual against Conifer and Jefferson at Jefferson on Thursday night. He is now 6-1 on the season, and still may drop down to the 119-pound weight class after the holiday break.Vawter-Beaird won both of his matches Thursday night by decision. He was the only Summit wrestler to win a match.The Tigers’ next competition is their home opener, set for Wednesday night at 7 p.m.Devon O’Neil can be contacted at (970) 668-3998, ext. 13630, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- As Major League Rugby launches, Frisco’s Connor Cook describes the journey to become a pro athlete
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- King of the hill retires after 45 years with Aspen Skiing Co.
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape