Sprinkler system stops fire at Summit Ridge | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Sprinkler system stops fire at Summit Ridge

DAILY NEWS STAFF REPORT

BRECKENRIDGE – A plastic laundry basket resting too close to a commercial washing machine caught fire on Monday by absorbing the heat from the appliance in a basement that used to serve as a laundry facility at Summit Ridge along Highway 9 near County Road 450.The building’s sprinkler system effectively doused the fire before it had a chance to spread, though the amount of smoke in the building made it necessary for fire workers to evacuate the animals and people from the Breckenridge Animal Clinic.”That’s an old wooden building that could have erupted very easily,” said Red, White & Blue Fire Protection District information officer Captain Kim Scott. “So, I just want to make sure everyone understands the importance of sprinkler systems.”


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User