Stage changes service Sunday
SUMMIT COUNTY – Summit Stage service changes Sunday. This service will be in effect through November 22.
All Stage routes will have at least minor changes. There will be significant changes to Copper Mountain, Keystone, and Dillon Valley service.
Stage guidebooks with color maps and bus stop, route, and schedule information are available on all Stage buses and at stores, lodging, and restaurants throughout Summit County.
Below is a summary of the changes.
– Copper Mountain to Frisco route: Service will be available once an hour between 6:30 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.
– New Keystone to Silverthorne route: Travel time between Silverthorne Station and Keystone reduced to 30 minutes one way.
This route no longer travels to Frisco. For service between Silverthorne Station and Frisco Station transfer to the Frisco bus at Silverthorne Station. This route no longer travels to Dillon Valley. For service between Dillon Valley and Keystone take the Dillon Route to Silverthorne Station and transfer to the Keystone bus.
– New Dillon route: Service between Dillon Ridge Shopping Center, Dillon town center, and Dillon Valley. First bus into Silverthorne Station meets 6:15 a.m. departure to Keystone. Buses on the Dillon Route make timed connections to Keystone and Frisco buses at Silverthorne Station.
– Breckenridge to Frisco route: Departures from Breckenridge Station will be at :00 and :30 to allow for timed connections with the Breckenridge Free Ride. There will not be a 6 a.m. trip departing Frisco Station for Breckenridge.
– Boreas Pass route: Departures from Breckenridge Station will be at :00 to allow for timed connections with the Breckenridge Free Ride. There will be an extra trip departing Breckenridge Station at 12 a.m. There will not be a trip departing Breckenridge Station at 6 a.m.
– French Gulch route: Departures from Breckenridge Station will be at :30 to allow for timed connections with the Breckenridge Free Ride.
– Silverthorne to Frisco route: To travel between Silverthorne Station and Frisco Station catch the Frisco bus at Silverthorne Station. First bus to Frisco leaves at 6:15 a.m. There will not be a trip departing Frisco Station for Silverthorne at 6 a.m. Evening service will be available once an hour between 5:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. departing Frisco Station and between 5:45 p.m. and 1:45 a.m. departing Silverthorne Station.
n Wildernest route: In the evening, departures from Silverthorne Station will be once an hour at :15 between 6:15 p.m. and 1:15 a.m.
The goal of the Summit Stage’s May 11 service change is to maintain a high level of service in the spring, summer, and fall while reducing service on routes at times that very few people are traveling by Stage. The Summit Stage board and the Summit Board of County Commissioners are working on plans to fund added service during the 2003-2004 ski season with savings achieved through the above service reductions.
For more information please call Summit Stage at (970) 668-0999.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User