The free, overachieving program for PCs
special to the daily
Summit County, Colorado
Pistachio is a free, teeny-tiny, overachieving little program for PCs that provides little bits of additional functionality to help with everyday computer tasks.
Pistachio does quite a lot. Some of the tasks it will gladly handle for you include snapping a window to other windows when moving/resizing, disabling the Insert key, locking the mouse or keyboard while you clean them, minimizing a window to the system tray, allowing you to control sound volume using your mouse wheel, and restricting a window’s position to inside of your screen.
Might Pistachio be a useful program for you to download? Learn more about the various bits of functionality it can provide and decide for yourself at: http://pitaschio.ara3.net/index.htm.
Prevent total information overload by taking a few moments to learn about RSS. I’ve written about RSS many times in the past, but continue to find that the vast majority of Internet users I come into contact with have no clue what the acronym stands for, what it is, and how they can put it to work (for free) for themselves.
If you spend a good deal of time browsing the Internet or if you have a routine of visiting the same websites regularly, I highly, highly recommend that you invest a few minutes of your time in learning about RSS.
To make your learning experience as simple, entertaining and fast as possible, I’ve located what I feel is a fun (yet extremely informative and well-done) video introduction to the magic of RSS. Take a look: http://www.commoncraft.com/rss_plain_english.
– http://www.typeisart.com ” A public, interactive art project that allows for experimentation of forms beyond the typical character set we know so well.
– http://www.iringer.net ” Learn how to turn music and video files into ring tones for your iPhone. Don’t use an iPhone? As long as you’re willing to do a bit of work on your own, I’ve got you covered; just visit this link instead: http://tinyurl.com/ye3woe.
– http://www.craigstoolbox.com ” A super-useful tool for regular Craigslist users. This extension for both Firefox and Internet Explorer not only speeds up your Craigslist searches, it also displays all associated listing photos right smack dab on your search results pages. No more having to click each individual listing to see related photos!
– http://www.spoonflower.com ” Have your very own custom designs and concepts printed onto fabric. No minimum order, fast turnaround times, $5 swatches, $18 cost per yard, and printed on quality quilting-weight cotton from Moda.
– http://www.xnet.se/fd ” Meet “File Destructor 2.0.” Need to e-mail that report to your boss by 5 p.m., but you decided to play a round of afternoon golf instead? Buy some time with the help of File Destructor. Send an e-mail saying “Here it is! I worked hard on this report for you!” … and then attach the file (given to you by File Destructor) that somehow happened to get corrupted on its way from your computer to your boss’s. I’d like to make it crystal clear that I’m not suggesting you use this tool ” I just wanted to let you know that it exists. Just in case.
And that’s it for today, everyone. Have a great week, and see ya next Monday.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.