Timeforcake: Dial-in your website logo link
Special to the Daily
Fact: Many of your website’s visitors will click the logo at the top of your website, assuming that doing so will return them to your homepage.
Tip of the Week Based on this Fact: Make sure your logo links to your homepage.
One Big Exception: Make sure your logo IS NOT a link on your homepage. A link to your homepage that actually exists on your homepage will do nothing more than re-open the page upon click. That’s confusing.
Following this one simple tip will quickly make your site more user-friendly while decreasing the potential for visitor frustration related to clicking non-clickable elements.
GoodReader is a fantastic, flexible, handy PDF reader for your iPad. Mashable called it a “Swiss Army knife of awesome!”
GoodReader handles big files of 100MB or more with great speed. It gives you the ability to mark-up PDFs with ease. It allows you to sync your files and folders, zoom up to 50x, and create your own inter-document hyperlinks so you can easily jump back and forth between pages in large documents.
GoodReader is also a truly fantastic reviewing and annotating tool. The program allows you to easily highlight, underline and cross out text. It lets you type notes onto the PDF while enhancing the notes with squares and ovals and circles and arrows of various colors. You can add sticky notes and even make freehand drawings by drawing directly onto the PDF with your finger. Pretty sweet.
As an added bonus, the latest version of GoodReader supports .ppt, .xls, .html, .jpg, .tiff, and even audio and video files!
So what’s the cost for all of these amazing features? A whopping four dollars and ninety-nine cents. Worth every single penny.
Learn more about all of the many, many things GoodReader can do for you (then download the app once you’re sold) right here: http://tinyurl.com/y2v9h3g.
1. http://tinyurl.com/3nvgd52 – If you consider yourself a Harry Potter fan, you’ll probably love this. It’s a fantastic YouTube clip called “How Harry Potter Should Have Ended.” And it’s so, so true.
2. http://tinyurl.com/4l8calo – An 8x telephoto lens for your iPhone! Then lens comes with a matte black iPhone case that you twist the lens onto. Twist the lens, adjust the grip on the manual focus ring, and snap away. Collapsible table tripod included. The cost? $35.
3. http://www.SocialMention.com – It’s like a Google Alerts for social media. SocialMention.com offers real-time social media search and analysis. Visit the site and search directly from the homepage.
4. http://tinyurl.com/ck9euo – Five tips for avoiding bad (including downright deceptive) SEO companies.
5. http://ow.ly/6imhi – Watch a girl grow from 0 to 10 years of age over the course of 1:25 in this YouTube video clip. Fascinating to watch something that happens before our eyes each day yet is too slow for us to see in real time.
erin pheil is the owner of timeforcake creative media-the Web Design company voted #1 in Best of Summit. Visit the timeforcake website at http://www.timeforcake.com or email Erin at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User