Weddings in numbers
– 2.3 million couples wed every year in the United States. That breaks down to nearly 6,200 weddings a day.
– The average age of a bride in the United States is 25.3.
– The average age of a groom is 26.9.
– The average number of guests invited to a wedding is 178.
– One-third of those getting married each year have been married before.
– June is the most popular month for weddings, then August, followed by September and October.
– 80 percent of weddings are performed in churches or synagogues.
– The top wedding city in the world is Istanbul, Turkey with 166,000 weddings per year.
– Las Vegas is in second place with 114,000 annual weddings.
– 99 percent of newlyweds take a honeymoon.
– The average couple will spend three times more on their honeymoon than on a regular vacation.
– $8 billion per year is spent on honeymoons.
– The average honeymoon budget is $3,657.
– 40 percent of all couples travel within the United States, about 60 percent travel to a foreign country.
– Honeymoons usually last 7 to 9 days.
– The most popular destinations are Las Vegas, Hawaii, the Caribbean and Jamaica.
– 35 percent of brides and grooms have a valid passport.
– $72 billion per year is spent on weddings.
– The average wedding budget is $20,000.
– $1,016 is the average cost of wedding rings for the bride and groom.
– Traditionally, the father of the bride pays for everything. Today, however, the bride and groom themselves pay for the wedding about 30 percent of the time; the bride’s parents pay about 17 percent of the time. As for the rest of the time, costs are covered by different sources ” the bride and groom and one or both sets of parents, according to surveys by Bride’s magazine.
– $19 billion per year is spent on wedding gift registries.
– More than 91 percent of all to-be-weds register for gifts. Couples receive gifts from an average of 200 guests.
– Most wedding guests spend between $70 and $100 on a gift.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User