X Games Day 3: Everything you need to know
Red Gerard competes in slopestyle final, live on ABC, 1:45 p.m. MST
Editor’s note: Go to Watch ESPN to see the live ABC broadcast of Red Gerard competing in the X Games Aspen men’s snowboard slopestyle final.
ASPEN – It’s go time at Buttermilk Ski Area for Ohio native and Summit County snowboarder Red Gerard.
Gerard, the 2018 Winter Olympic gold medalist and 2019 Burton U.S. Open champion in slopestyle, will go for his first X Games Aspen slopestyle medal Saturday at 1:45 p.m. MST. Tune to to ABC to watch Red compete against seven more of the world’s best slopestyle snowboarders.
That list of heavy hitters includes Sven Thorgren and Darcy Sharpe dropping in before Red, followed by Red’s good buds and fellow young Americans Judd Henkes and Brock Crouch.
Rounding out the field are Mons Roisland, Rene Rinnekangas and Mark McMorris.
1:45-2:30 p.m.: Men’s snowboard slopestyle final
3-4 p.m.: Snowbike Cross semifinal
6:30-7:30 p.m.: Women’s ski superpipe final
8-8:45 p.m.: Men’s snowboard big air final
8:45-9:45 p.m.: Women’s snowboard superpipe final
X Games coverage:
- Chris Corning misses cut in excruciating fashion at X Games snowboard big air
- Watch: Breckenridge’s Jaxin Hoerter realizes X Games Aspen dream
- Taylor Gold wins gold in inaugural snowboard superpipe session at X Games
- Red Gerard qualifies to final in challenging X Games slopestyle elimination round
- Henrik Harlaut wins 12th X Games ski medal; rising French star Tess Ledeux gets first gold
- Strength coach describes journey to build Chris Corning’s body for big air
- Scotty James bests Yuto Totsuka to win third X Games Aspen gold in superpipe
- Japanese trio steals snowboard big air show as Gasser goes for triple cork
- At first competition after Dew Tour crash, Yater-Wallace hits X Games ski knuckle huck
- ESPN, snowboarders to honor Jake Burton Carpenter in first X Games since his death
- Wednesday X Games notes: Parrot rallies back from cancer, Gus talks Olympics
- Thursday X Games notes: Ferreira primed for finals; women to take center stage Saturday
- Friday X Games notes: Julia Marino injured, out of X games
- Jack Mitrani back for fourth year as X Games Aspen host
- Colorado artist Lisa Issenberg embraces opportunity to make X Games medals
- Dillon’s Chase Blackwell realizes dream of competing at X Games
- Men’s snowboarding: Scotty James, Mark McMorris back for more
- Women’s snowboarding: Without Chloe Kim, Maddie Mastro has chance to shine
- Men’s skiing: Alex Ferreira goes for repeat gold
- Women’s skiing: Kelly Sildaru returns for another attempt at the golden trifecta
- Aussie rider Scotty James goes for 10 straight wins as new format hits superpipe at X Games
The lead-up to X Games:
- Breckenridge resident Taylor Gold podiums at Laax Open superpipe final
- Watch: Red Gerard finishes as runner-up at Laax Open slopestyle competition
- Watch: Silverthorne’s Chris Corning stomps quad-cork 1800 to win big air World Cup in Atlanta baseball stadium
- Red Gerard takes us behind the scenes of the journey to film ‘Joy’
- Scotty James bests Yuto Totsuka in weather-affected Copper Grand Prix superpipe final
- Americans Blunck, Wise tame powder-filled Copper pipe to go 1-2 in Grand Prix
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User