Letter to the editor: Summit County residents have their heads in the sand
I am continually amazed by the number of ostriches residing in the county, their heads firmly buried in a snowbank. A few facts that should be intuitively obvious to the most casual ostrich:
- First, there is only so much buildable land in Summit county. You may be able to build higher, but then construction would likely block someone’s beautiful view.
- Second, expansion demands more workers.
- Third, workers have to live at a reasonable distance from their job and at a price they can afford.
- Fourth, increased numbers (workers, tourists and/or residents) demand and produce increased pressure on infrastructure, hence higher taxes.
- Fifth, I do not believe there are any wayward Canada geese laying golden eggs in the county.
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User