Letter to the Editor: Summit Daily’s dog reporting always warms my heart

Kelly Leonard

Thanks for printing Summit Daily News reporter Ryan Spencer’s story on the Frisco dog that was found after two days.  

This is the kind of story that makes Summit County special. My husband Gary and I live near Copper Mountain 90% of the year and Longmont the other 10%.  

When I’m in the mountains, I try to shut off the political noise and enjoy the people and things that we all have in common. Like skiing and dogs! Summit County residents love their furry friends. This story along with many of the other amazing dog stories I’ve read in the Summit Daily over the past 10 years always give me faith and hope in the goodness of mankind. I’m so glad Capone made it home safely!  

And thanks to the Summit pet rescue group and volunteers for doing what you do.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Summit Daily is embarking on a multiyear project to digitize its archives going back to 1989 and make them available to the public in partnership with the Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection. The full project is expected to cost about $165,000. All donations made in 2023 will go directly toward this project.

Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.