Letter to the Editor: Too high of a cost for affordable housing
April 2, 2018
Affordable housing? Yes. Frisco 2B? No.
I have voted no on Frisco's ballot issue 2B. And I really believe in all the affordable housing we can get!
I feel as if this issue was sprung on us with not enough education. We have seen no pictures of the proposed site use … which actually could be charming, incorporating gazebo, green space and meeting space into an architecturally harmonious affordable-housing complex. But how affordable is it going to be? And why are we in such a rush when the previously touted and advertised (including community open houses and site plans) development on the Dam Road was apparently "moving too fast" for Frisco?
We need more information before making an irrevocable decision.
Trending In: Opinion
- Summit Daily letters: The who, what, where, why and how of county’s short-term rental regulations
- Letter | Gansmann: Enough is enough on county requests for blank checks
- Opinion | Guidi: California’s apocalyptic fires are a side effect of modern life
- Walking Our Faith: An imperfect, cobbled-together life of gratitude (column)
- Opinion | Liddick: Jared Polis appropriates 9/11 for political gain
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9