Barr: Nebraska should follow Colorado’s lead on marijuana
August 7, 2014
Nebraska blues result of criminalizing pot
Re: Larry Horbach's August 6 letter to the editor.
Let's make sure we understand our visitor from Nebraska correctly. It's a bad idea for soldiers with guns in a war zone to use marijuana. Therefore marijuana should be illegal for all people in all times and places. Sorry, sir, but the reasoning is fallacious.
We have a suggestion for the good folks of Nebraska who don't want to spend their money to jail people bringing marijuana in from Colorado: don't. Make it legal. Or make it a ticket with a fine. Or ignore it. Your criminal justice system will save money, and can concentrate on something that really endangers the public.
Bill and Rhoda Barr
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Company plans gravel-mining operation in Summit County
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Vail Resorts making big investments, improvements for 19/20 season
- Breckenridge resident receives kidney from Florida firefighter
- Vail Pass suicide is Summit County’s 11th suicide of the year; officials urge dialogue on crisis