Barr: Nebraska should follow Colorado’s lead on marijuana
August 7, 2014
Nebraska blues result of criminalizing pot
Re: Larry Horbach's August 6 letter to the editor.
Let's make sure we understand our visitor from Nebraska correctly. It's a bad idea for soldiers with guns in a war zone to use marijuana. Therefore marijuana should be illegal for all people in all times and places. Sorry, sir, but the reasoning is fallacious.
We have a suggestion for the good folks of Nebraska who don't want to spend their money to jail people bringing marijuana in from Colorado: don't. Make it legal. Or make it a ticket with a fine. Or ignore it. Your criminal justice system will save money, and can concentrate on something that really endangers the public.
Bill and Rhoda Barr
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Interstate 70 traffic snarls that greeted mountain motorists on Monday could continue for months
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder