Barr: Nebraska should follow Colorado’s lead on marijuana
August 7, 2014
Nebraska blues result of criminalizing pot
Re: Larry Horbach's August 6 letter to the editor.
Let's make sure we understand our visitor from Nebraska correctly. It's a bad idea for soldiers with guns in a war zone to use marijuana. Therefore marijuana should be illegal for all people in all times and places. Sorry, sir, but the reasoning is fallacious.
We have a suggestion for the good folks of Nebraska who don't want to spend their money to jail people bringing marijuana in from Colorado: don't. Make it legal. Or make it a ticket with a fine. Or ignore it. Your criminal justice system will save money, and can concentrate on something that really endangers the public.
Bill and Rhoda Barr
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Peaks trail dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall