Barr: What exactly does Allen Bacher propose we cut?
October 16, 2014
I read with interest your article on Alan Bacher, who is running for Summit County Commissioner. I would love to see my taxes reduced. What I cannot find, either in your article, or on his web site, to which he referred me when I met him, is any specific information on what he would cut from the county budget to accomplish that. Since he is opposing ballot item 1A, we can conclude he does not support government involvement in public safety. Would he prefer a private ambulance service? And at what cost to its users? I'm sure the private phone companies would like to turn 911 service into a profit-making opportunity. And who needs water quality when we're at the headwaters of the Blue River, until the mines leak and turn it orange again? If Mr. Bacher would answer these questions, and tell us what else he would like the county to stop supporting, we could make informed decisions about whether to vote for him.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs