Blue River stands to gain from Ruby Placer (letter)
On September 15, the town of Blue River will vote in a special election on to annex the Ruby Placer into the town. To clear up a common misconception, this election is not a yes or no vote on the actual development of the property; it is simply a vote to annex the property into the town.
False claims have been made to discourage Blue River residents from the Ruby Placer annexation. Reports that the site is pristine wilderness, that there is commercial development and that the development is high density are all false. The area is not wilderness, there is no proposed commercial development and, in fact, many areas of the town currently have equal or higher density than the proposed 1.4 unit per acre development.
If annexed, here’s how Ruby Placer will benefit the entire town:
• Ruby Placer will generate approximately $100,000 in revenue for the town annually. That $100,000 will be designated for town road and infrastructure improvements.
• Ruby Placer will build a community center for town’s use. Possible uses for the community center could include: a recreation/workout center, child care, after school programs, community events/meetings, birthday parties, etc.
• Ruby Placer will build a community playground and sports field.
• 2.8 acres of riverfront open space will be dedicated to the town.
• Public trails will be built and maintained by Ruby Placer.
• Ruby Placer will build a bus shelter for the Summit Stage.
If the vote to annex Ruby Placer into the town fails, the property will still be developed; and the town of Blue River’s residents will receive none of these benefits.
I am encouraging all the residents of the town of Blue River to vote to annex Ruby Placer into the town.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.