Candelmo: Distorted debate in U.S. Senate race
October 21, 2014
In Mike Littwin's column in the Oct 18 Summit Daily News, he states that during the debate, Udall and Gardner were asked "if either could recall voting for a candidate from the opposite party."
On the home page of the Colorado Independent online, Littwin says "Cory Gardner said he never voted for a Democrat".
Well which is it: Opposite party or Democrat?
I suspect that the question during the debate, being asked of both a Republican and a Democrat was the former, opposite party.
If that's the case then Gardner's answer was truthful. He supported his party when he was a Democrat by voting for Democrats and supported his party when he was a Republican by voting for Republicans.
I am a voter who recently became a Colorado resident and would like to get some facts about the candidates and issues. A person certainly can't get the true facts by listening to or reading the media, which either gets it wrong or outright lies to support their bias. This part of the reason we have elected a congress that is doing such a "wonderful" job.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver