Candelmo: Distorted debate in U.S. Senate race
October 21, 2014
In Mike Littwin's column in the Oct 18 Summit Daily News, he states that during the debate, Udall and Gardner were asked "if either could recall voting for a candidate from the opposite party."
On the home page of the Colorado Independent online, Littwin says "Cory Gardner said he never voted for a Democrat".
Well which is it: Opposite party or Democrat?
I suspect that the question during the debate, being asked of both a Republican and a Democrat was the former, opposite party.
If that's the case then Gardner's answer was truthful. He supported his party when he was a Democrat by voting for Democrats and supported his party when he was a Republican by voting for Republicans.
I am a voter who recently became a Colorado resident and would like to get some facts about the candidates and issues. A person certainly can't get the true facts by listening to or reading the media, which either gets it wrong or outright lies to support their bias. This part of the reason we have elected a congress that is doing such a "wonderful" job.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Letter | Gansmann: Enough is enough on county requests for blank checks