Carlson: Keep Millie Hamner as Summit County’s state representative
October 23, 2014
I am writing to urge voters to continue to support Millie Hamner as our state representative for House District 61.
As an advocate for public education, I know it is imperative that we have knowledgeable legislators making the decisions that impact our kids and our schools.
Millie has years of experience and intelligent, effective leadership in education. As former superintendent of the Summit School District, she was instrumental in setting up our local schools for success. She currently serves as the chair of the House Education Committee, and sponsored last year's Student Success Act and the annual School Finance Act, which put much needed funding back into Colorado schools. Millie is well-respected in the legislature, and has a reputation for working towards common-sense solutions in education, as well as wildfire mitigation, the I-70 corridor, public safety, workforce and economic development issues.
Millie Hamner has proven to be a strong and thoughtful leader in the past, and we need her leadership as we head into the future.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced