Hemingway: Boo on Allen Bacher’s bumpersticker slogans
October 15, 2014
After reading the article on Republican Allen Bacher's "20/20/20" principle I am left with a lot of questions. You see, Republicans are great at coming up with catchy bumper-sticker slogans, but when asked for specifics it's crickets. If Mr. Bacher is going to cut 20 percent of the budget, what 20 percent of the county's services is he planning on cutting? If he cuts 20 percent from emergency services will you be upset if it takes 20 percent longer for them to get to your house while it's burning down? Is it 20 percent from fire-mitigation programs? Is it shutting down Planned Parenthood, which directly affects women's health? Is it maintaining roads and snow removal? Wouldn't that be great for the county's tourism economy!
Bottom line … when these guys talk of cutting government and slashing taxes don't let them off the hook with a silly bumper-sticker slogan. Dig in and ask them what their real goals are. It may just affect your quality of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-TenMile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect