Hertzberg: Correcting Liddick’s unhealthy lies on Obamacare
September 25, 2013
With respect to Liddick's latest defense of the Republican efforts to deny health care insurance to some 30 million uninsured Americans, and to deny food stamp benefits to the poor, the Almighty said it best through his prophet Amos: "…how great are your sins — you who afflict the righteous, who take a bribe, and turn aside the needy at the gate. I hate, I despise your feasts and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever flowing stream. Hear this, you who trample upon the needy, and bring the poor of the land to an end, who deal deceitfully with false balances, that we may buy the poor for silver and the needy for a pair of a pair of sandals."
The Affordable Healthcare Act has already provided benefits for adult children who are now covered by their parents, eliminated the denial for pre-existing conditions, and eliminated the limits for long term coverage…all ignored by Liddick's bigotry. Liddick's latest fear mongering is that you may not be able to keep you current health plan ..another misleading distortion.
Alex Miller, the former editor, in the interest of the SDN's journalistic integrity, would occasionally write columns to expose Liddick's distortions and lies. Who does it now?
Martin & Ruth Hertzberg
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system