Maltzman: A family avoids harm after reckless driver runs them off the road (letter)
December 25, 2015
On Tuesday night, we met and were helped by some amazing people. I want them to know how very, very grateful we are.
Due to a reckless driver intent on passing on Highway 9 near the Continental Divide during a blizzard, our SUV crashed down a ravine hitting a tree. To the wonderful couple who spotted my daughter climbing out of the woods and turned around to help us, I am eternally grateful and only regret that, in the trauma, we did not learn your names.
Thank you for your sharp eyes and concern, for calling 911, for keeping us warm in your car until the ambulance arrived and for caring enough to help others in need.
Also, to all the Park County first responders and to the Colorado State Patrol, thank you for your prompt arrival, your care and your service.
And finally, thank you to the heartless driver whose need to get to his destination a few minutes sooner nearly cost five lives. Your callousness will forever remind me of the importance of safe driving, the value of seatbelts and that life is indeed precious.
Recommended Stories For You
San Diego, Breckenridge
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)