Pitman: CDOT too quick to claim success (letter)
January 2, 2016
After reading the article on the I-70 toll road (Dec. 29), I am left to wonder whether CDOT decided to redefine success. It "…sort of helped with the delay" is not exactly a ringing endorsement considering that the traffic density was considerably less than the anticipated maximum. Charging the minimum of $3 per vehicle pretty much validates that the traffic was nowhere near anything considered a high volume.
I am not ready to give the lane thumbs up or down, but it would seem to me that first you define your criteria for success and then assess it over a season's worth of traffic. Otherwise, one could end up looking rather silly with these early effusive endorsements.
I am maintaining a healthy dose of skepticism. So, CDOT, get back with us after a full season in many weather conditions, traffic densities, and accident situations. I am waiting with wild anticipation!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall