Reynolds: Silverthorne should retain leaders like Mark Handschmidt (letter)
January 20, 2016
I really admire all the programs and great management evident in my city's management. But the council must have been asleep at the wheel in letting Mark Handschmidt retire. What an asset! He has initiated many community programs for Silverthorne that have now spread throughout the County.
Having served as a volunteer on more than three police agencies over the last 20 year, Mark really stands out. He is seen as a stable and innovative leader by fellow law enforcement.
How many other key managers is the council going to let "retire"? People are assets. Fight to keep them.
If exit interviews were done by the council they may gain a better insight into the management of the city we have entrusted them with. You have a police advisory counsel. Use it.
Please do your homework.
Thomas M. Reynolds
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017