Reynolds: Silverthorne should retain leaders like Mark Handschmidt (letter)
January 20, 2016
I really admire all the programs and great management evident in my city's management. But the council must have been asleep at the wheel in letting Mark Handschmidt retire. What an asset! He has initiated many community programs for Silverthorne that have now spread throughout the County.
Having served as a volunteer on more than three police agencies over the last 20 year, Mark really stands out. He is seen as a stable and innovative leader by fellow law enforcement.
How many other key managers is the council going to let "retire"? People are assets. Fight to keep them.
If exit interviews were done by the council they may gain a better insight into the management of the city we have entrusted them with. You have a police advisory counsel. Use it.
Please do your homework.
Thomas M. Reynolds
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter