Littwin: The Donald, he has his regrets (column)
August 21, 2016
Donald Trump regrets to announce that you should forget about the old Donald Trump, the one who won the GOP nomination by occasionally bringing you personal pain — the worst kind of pain, by the way — and not only when you were doubled over in astonishment at his latest insult-comic routine.
Forget that guy. This is the new, even classier version of Trump (And, for those of you old enough to remember the new Nixon, if it seems like deja vu all over again, that's because it is).
This is the reset-button Trump whose polls are cratering, whose not-likable-enough numbers are soaring, whose orange-haired popularity is only slightly higher than that of green-haired Ryan Lochte, whose PR team is probably right now putting together a sorry-if-I-caused-any-personal-pain statement. But, to Lochte's credit, he has insulted only two nations. Trump is working on an entire planet.
To read the rest of the column visit the Colorado Independent.
Trending In: Opinion
- Summit Daily letters: The who, what, where, why and how of county’s short-term rental regulations
- Letter | Gansmann: Enough is enough on county requests for blank checks
- Opinion | Guidi: California’s apocalyptic fires are a side effect of modern life
- Walking Our Faith: An imperfect, cobbled-together life of gratitude (column)
- Opinion | Liddick: Jared Polis appropriates 9/11 for political gain
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9