Opinion | Littwin: Senate Republicans stand up to Trump while Gardner continues to stand down
November 30, 2018
This just in: The Republican-controlled U.S. Senate actually stood up to Donald Trump on America's role in the catastrophic, Saudi-led fighting in Yemen.
Yes, I'm shocked, too. Yes, it was a preliminary vote that could lead nowhere. Yes, the vote happened only because certain senators felt that Trump had lied to them (just the way, you know, he has lied to everyone else).
In a 63-37 vote, 14 Republicans stood with 49 Democrats to pass a resolution that could force Trump to end assistance to the Saudi-based coalition fighting in Yemen. Many tens of thousands have died in the fight. Millions are said to be starving. According to the charity Save the Children, 85,000 children under the age of 5 have already died from starvation.
Read the full column at Colorado Independent.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you
- Opinion | Knopf: Blue Christmas and a gravel pit
- Opinion | Anderson: When the joy of Christmas escapes you
- Opinion | Polman: The Republican election fraud Trump refuses to tweet about
- Opinion | Liddick: Comey testimony shows lack of respect for rule of law
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Loveland Pass closed due to snow slide, will remain closed overnight
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Frisco approves new short-term rental ordinance