Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update
July 25, 2017
Here are some images taken on July 25 on Miners Creek Trail of the Peak 2 Fire burn area near Breckenridge. The wildfire, which started on July 5th, is currently 85 percent contained. Officials say they are not yet ready to declare the fire completely out because recent infrared imaging shows that there are still hot spots on the fire site, although there are no active flames.
Trending In: Photos
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor