Scenes from Fourth of July Bowl on Peak 10 near Breckenridge
July 4, 2017
Tuesday morning, snow-addicted skiers and snowboarders who needed to get their mid-summer fix by beginning their Independence Day holiday celebration riding down the Fourth of July Bowl on Peak 10 near Breckenridge. The north-east facing bowl is known to hold snow longer than most areas in Colorado due to the aspect and the high altitude of Peak 10’s 13,633 feet. Approximately 200 hikers and riders were on and around Peak 10 at a time before returning to summer festivities in Summit County.
Trending In: Photos
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Erwin faces his accuser, law enforcement officials, in second day of testimony
- Is it time for Summit County residents to start prepping roofs for winter?