BREAKING: Woman’s body discovered off I-70 in Summit County
July 1, 2017
Hikers discovered a woman's body Saturday off westbound Interstate 70, near mile marker 196.
The call came in just after 2 p.m., but the body appears to have been there for some time, said Erin Opsahl of the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
The woman’s cause of death remains under investigation, and authorities declined to release any additional information about the deceased.
At this time, investigators do not suspect foul play, Opsahl said, but it's still too early in the investigation to make a definitive ruling.
Trending In: Priority
- Jury rules for Vail Resorts in Taft Conlin skier death case
- Frisco buying condos at market value, renovating them and selling them at a reduced cost to workforce
- Summit County deals with pink fire retardant left after Buffalo Mountain Fire
- Kevin Romero found guilty in Breckenridge assault case
- BREAKING: Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs