Swan Mountain Road closed in both directions after dump truck rollover
November 27, 2017
A dump truck ran off the side of Swan Mountain Road early Monday afternoon, prompting a complete road closure in both directions. A Colorado State Patrol spokesman said the truck didn't fall into the water and there were no serious injuries.
The truck went up and over the guardrail near milepost 4 and fell approximately 40 feet below the roadway, the spokesman said. A tow truck was working on recovering the vehicle at 12:45 p.m., and Swan Mountain was expected to re-open after approximately two more hours.
Trending In: Priority
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor