Swan Mountain Road closed in both directions after dump truck rollover
November 27, 2017
A dump truck ran off the side of Swan Mountain Road early Monday afternoon, prompting a complete road closure in both directions. A Colorado State Patrol spokesman said the truck didn't fall into the water and there were no serious injuries.
The truck went up and over the guardrail near milepost 4 and fell approximately 40 feet below the roadway, the spokesman said. A tow truck was working on recovering the vehicle at 12:45 p.m., and Swan Mountain was expected to re-open after approximately two more hours.
Trending In: Priority
- Body of man who fatally jumped from cliffs at Green Mountain Reservoir recovered
- Snowboarder dies after hitting tree at Keystone Resort
- BREAKING: Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs
- Gutzler Fire near Kremmling downgraded to 97 acres, no estimated containment level
- Interstate-70 closed in both directions for hours after fatal semi crash
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Silverthorne eyes new regulations for short-term rentals
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Colorado hiking trails with waterfalls: South Willow Falls
- Trial begins for Justin Erwin, one of four accused in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault