Chen, Rippon, Zhou chosen for Olympics; Miner bumped
January 7, 2018
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Two-time national champion Nathan Chen, veteran Adam Rippon and rising star Vincent Zhou have been selected to represent the United States at the Pyeongchang Olympics next month.
A U.S. Figure Skating Committee on Sunday chose 2016 U.S. champ Rippon, who came in fourth at the national championships on Saturday night, instead of second-place finisher Ross Miner. The committee takes into consideration a number of criteria, including overall performance for the season.
It will be the first Olympics for all three.
Trending In: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area