Satisify your sweet tooth near Breckenridge, Colorado
August 15, 2016
There isn't much that can beat a cold scoop of ice cream on a warm summer day. The list below covers the best places in Summit County that will satisfy a summer sweet tooth.
• Higgles Ice Cream, (354 Blue River Parkway, (970) 468-0450) behind the farm stand in Silverthorne, serves traditional and artisan ice cream. As an operation that makes small batches, Higgles has an ice cream selection that change weekly. Whether you are in the mood for a scoop of rich decadence or light, refreshing sherbet, Higgles has unique flavors for everyone. A recent special was Strawberry Lemon Sorbet, made with organic strawberries, organic lemon, water and cane sugar.
• Foote's Rest Sweet Shoppe, (510 Main St., (970) 668-9238) on Frisco's Main Street, serves traditional, homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt. They offer a wide array of toppings, including high quality fruits and nuts. In addition to ice cream and frozen yogurt, Foote's Rest offers donuts, fudge made with local butter, local cream and real cane sugar, as well as old-fashioned candy. This week they are offering 10 flavors, including blueberry, chocolate peanut butter cup and caramel swirl.
Recommended Stories For You
• Oh Fudge Sweet Nuts, (126 S. Main St., (970) 547-4757) in the heart of downtown Breckenridge, has plenty sweet treats to satisfy any sugar tooth. Oh Fudge sells cotton candy, nuts, caramel apples, a large assortment of candy and over a dozen types of ice cream. Included in their list of ice creams are raspberry sorbet, mango sorbet, almond toffee, butter finger and espresso. These delicious treats are homemade daily, including sixteen flavors of fudge.
• Spooner's Frozen Yogurt, (265 Eastridge Dr., (970) 468-4809) located in three Colorado locations, including Dillon, has a huge spread of frozen yogurt choices, and uses fresh, local milk and yogurt in their batches. They proudly use real fruit in their blends and 100 percent natural ingredients. Spooner's has a modern, sleek interior and offers a few non-dairy options as well.
• Cameez Frozen Yogurt and Coffee, (135 Main Street, (970) 368-6071) a local favorite that recently moved from Frisco to Dillon, offers over 10 alternating flavors of frozen yogurt. Along with frozen yogurt, Cameez also offers crepes, soups and coffee drinks. Situated close to Lake Dillon and a public park, Cameez is a great location for a cool treat or bite to eat.
Trending In: Restaurants
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it