Capture the Cube scavenger hunt comes to Copper
It’s hunting season at Copper Mountain.
Beginning Nov. 21, the resort partnered with FirstBank to spread 99 orange cubes across the mountain. The cubes are part of a season-long scavenger hunt that includes Instagram and good, old-fashioned knowledge of Copper. Skiers and riders will follow clues and use detailed maps to locate the orange cubes, each one hidden in the nooks and crannies at Copper. There will also be 11 cubes hiding in Denver beginning in January.
The rewards for scouring the hill will be more than worth it. The resort and bank have 110 custom Never Summer snowboards and Icelantic skis for folks who find the cubes.
“As a Colorado-owned bank, we’re passionate about ski and snowboard season, so we want to help fellow Coloradoans own the mountain this winter,” John Ikard, CEO of FirstBank Holding Company, said in a release. “Capture the Cube is our way of reminding fellow Coloradoans that it’s still possible to receive something for free while celebrating their love for the slopes.”
Here’s how it works:
1. Follow @efirstbank on Instagram to get cube location clues before anyone else. Cube hunters can also get clues at http://www.capturethecube.com or by following FirstBank’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
2. Search the illustrated map of Copper Mountain on capturethecube.com or at @capturethecube on Instagram. Find the hidden object that matches the clue to decipher where the cube is hiding.
3. Unlock the Cube Finder App by sharing capturethecube.com with friends. Once on the mountain, the compass points in the direction of the cube.
4. Find the cube at Copper Mountain and bring it to the FirstBank tent in the Village Center to claim the free Never Summer snowboard or skis.
5. Brag and tag @efirstbank in all of your photos from the hunt.
FirstBank partnered with Never Summer Industries and Icelantic, two Colorado-based manufacturers, to create the limited edition FirstBank snowboard and skis.
The graphics are 3D wild animals from Matroyshka, including graphic wolf, bobcat, raccoon and owl nesting dolls.
The snowboard comes with Never Summer’s rocker and camber combo, and the Icelantic Nomad skis feature balanced flex, 2 mm of camber underfoot and a rockered tip and tail for all-mountain skiing.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User